Happy New Year everyone! As soon as the clock struck midnight, my first thought was– 2015!? Has it really been 15 years since the “new millennium”? That just blows my mind.
This year we had the pleasure of hosting some of our closest friends at our home for New Year’s Eve. I think it was one of my favorite NYE yet. (full post to come on that!)
Entering a new year is extremely refreshing. I just love the sense of renewal and a fresh start. The feeling is invigorating and re-focusing. Until we look forward, I wanted to look back on 2014 to reflect and celebrate an awesome year. For a throwback on 2013, click here. (p.s. my 2014 New Year’s resolution happened for about 5 months. Trying a new recipe and blogging about it every single week took a backseat. It was a lofty goal, but I had fun while it lasted!)
Here are some of the highlights of 2014:
- introduced a sweet (firecracker) puppy to our family: Annabelle
- renovated our master bathroom
- grew New Digital Strategies + celebrated over 2 years of business
- initiated year 2 of our awesome “newlywed” Sunday school at HPUMC (love these people)
- re-designed That Foodie Girl
- hosted my grandparents at our town home in Dallas for a fun weekend together
- didn’t run a SINGLE race (Katy Trail 5k was cancelled)
- traveled to Akumal with my best friends for an “adult spring break”
- hiked in LA, San Diego and British Columbia
- learned how to make french macarons
- joined a social club for young professional women called Circle Seven Five (and gained some awesome friends!)
- celebrated my 25th birthday in Austin with lots of friends + family, celebrated R’s 25th birthday in La Jolla!
- celebrated a year of marriage in Napa + Sonoma. Visited 10 wineries!
- went to Vegas for Halloween/to celebrate a good friend’s birthday
- spent a weekend at Selah ranch with my mom for a weekend of Women in Leadership
- began working on my business #2–a tech startup called StudioHop
- was featured in CultureMap for new biz StudioHop
- visited the Wolfe family in Kelowna, BC
- traveled to Mexico (twice), Canada, LA, Napa/Sonoma, SF, Boston, La Jolla, Las Vegas
I hope you all had a fulfilling, sweet 2014. Here’s to a NEW year filled with family, friends, love, health and prosperity. My goal for 2015 is to spend more time serving others and to remember to pause to celebrate deserving moments and achievements rather than being so hard on myself and planning for the next thing. Be present. Thank you so much for being a TFG reader. I appreciate each and every one of you.