Hello foodie friends,
My apologies for the lack of posts lately, but I just had surgery on my foot yesterday (elective surgery) so I’m just trying to get over the pain etc and just get around! Since I will be on the couch for quite a while, I’ll have lots of time to work on my blog now. Yay!
I do have a Dallas restaurant review coming up, but for now, I just wanted to do a fun little “25 Questions” I found on a few other foodie blogs.
25 Questions: Holiday Style
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
hot chocolate. with peppermint.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
he does both. sets them under the tree and also does some wrapped–all in the same wrapping paper.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored on the tree!
4.Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
The day after Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Sausage cheese bread. My mom makes it every year and we have a few loaves made. I almost get more excited for the bread than the gifts!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Running to look at our stalkings. We have our stalkings in another room, so once we’ve ripped through our presents I remember being so happy there were still surprises left!
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
A brand new camera. Perfect for the blog!
9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
No, but we do “reindeer presents” starting 3 days for Christmas. My parents wrap up 4 gifts (one for each kid) and label each one with a reindeer name (Dasher, Prancer, Rudolph, etc.). We get to pick them up, shake them, etc, and guess which reindeer we are. We only get one guess each day, and if you guess right, you get to open the gift. Guess wrong, you have to wait til the next day. It’s always a fun tradition!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights, random ornaments & an angel on top!
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
Love it, but we don’t get it over here in Texas on Christmas!
12. Real tree or fake tree?
Real. Ours is 14 ft tall this year.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
a beautiful ring from my boyfriend Ryan 4 years ago
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
16. What is your favorite tradition?
reindeer presents! or decorating the tree with Christmas music and cracking open the peppermint bark
17. What tops your tree?
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I absolutely love giving. I get more pleasure out of walking around giving everyone’s gifts to them than opening my own.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
yum in baked goods!
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Santa Claus
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Cookies and milk!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
My little sister wakes up first, then struggles to wake the rest of us up. Then my parents put the music on downstairs, get breakfast ready and THEN we are allowed to walk downstairs and see what’s under the tree. Oh, and my dad STILL videotapes us walking down the stairs. This year I’ll be crutching down the stairs…
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Online this year. So much easier.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas card. This year I got to do ours! I will reveal the photo soon…