There it is–chocolate bourbon pecan pie. In all of its flaky, ooey gooey pecan with a hint of chocolate and bourbon glory. Nothing healthy about this. Just a really delicious homemade pie in honor of my husband’s first day at his new job on Monday. We’ve been indulging after dinner and loving every bite. Do yourself a favor and splurge. Make this pie. Recipe here.
And since I like lists, I’ll just update you on what’s been going on with me.
- We went to Austin and stayed at my childhood home. Always love coming “home” and being with my family–missed my brothers (and sister!!) though. My parents hosted a big Juice Plus bootcamp at our house for a few days of nutrition, learning how to grow your business and great fellowship. If your interest is piqued (like getting healthy/want to share health with friends and family), let me know The photo below is when my mom spoke–everyone in the living room!
- I was happy to have my husband there. We took a few Annabelle breaks of course!
- As you can see, it was warm there. We left in shorts and sandals at about 75 degrees. We arrived in Dallas 3 hours later to 28 degrees and SLEET. It didn’t stop all day…it was eerie the way it was gusting and snow/sleeting in March. But that’s Texas for ya! (This is looking outside the window at brunch at Ziziki’s) This was just the beginning of the storm…
- This week has been really taxing. Literally though. Did my taxes. Work has been too much to handle for one person (intern—can’t wait for you to get here!) and it’s been a struggle getting through all the work I have. Good and bad! Annabelle’s face says it all.
- This morning started off a great note and has been extremely productive. Always good I made a Juice Plus Complete shake with 1 banana + coconut milk + hemp seeds + 1 TB almond butter (love Justin’s!) and 1 scoop chocolate Complete. And ice. Tastes like a milkshake.
- I am trying out Equinox because it’s super close and why not? It’s more expensive than my yoga studio-and quite frankly I feel like I’m cheating on my good ole Uptown Yoga right now. I absolutely love that place and the people. BUT! I really loved zumba and cardio body barre at Equinox. The gym is so big and a lot to handle–but I could get used to all those group classes. I really miss that! What are your thoughts on Equinox? Worth it? Obviously I’m all over the place on this one.
- Tomorrow is Friday. YAYY! I hope to have our bathroom before + afters up here tomorrow hopefully… crossing my fingers!
Hope you all had a great day!
That Foodie Girl